We at America's Test Kitchen (and related brands including Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country) are committed to respecting your privacy.
We recognize the need for appropriate protection of personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified, including name, address,
we may collect from you when you visit our websites, and how we use such information. This policy applies only to users accessing our websites from the United States.
- INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- There are times when we may collect personal information from you. For example, personal information is requested when you register with America's Test Kitchen
for our wine program or one of our websites, cooking courses, electronic newsletters, product giveaways, surveys, or other services. If you choose not to provide
the information that we request, you can still visit parts of our websites, but you may be unable to access certain content, offers, and services.
- USE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
From time to time we are approached by companies or organizations that have a product or service that we believe might be of interest to you. We may share some of your information with these companies so that they can communicate with you about their products or services (we never share telephone or credit card numbers with any third party). You may receive a telemarketing sales call even though your number is listed on the state or national "Do Not Call" list. Please note that the law allows contact if the two parties already do business or have done business in the recent past.
Your e-mail address is added to our electronic mailing list so that, from time to time, we can send you our newsletters or information about additions and special promotions from America's Test Kitchen.
E-mail addresses registered to our television show websites are sometimes shared with third party underwriters of our television shows. Registrants have the opportunity to opt out of these third party communications at the time that they register. E-mail addresses registered to CooksIllustrated.com or CooksCountry.com are not shared with third parties.
- We do our best to maintain the accuracy of the personal information that you supply to us.
- PUBLIC FORUMS
- This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these
areas becomes public information, hence you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Content posted in these public forums becomes the sole property of America's Test Kitchen (and all its related brands). America's Test Kitchen reserves the right
to use content posted in these public forums for business purposes, including in, but not limited to, publications and marketing material.
- This site has security measures in place to protect for the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. All orders are communicated to
us via a secure server. Any version 3.0 or greater of Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer can process secure transactions over our secure server.
- CONTACTING COOKSILLUSTRATED.COM
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact:
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information
regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct-marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to
- We are committed to privacy, and we are actively involved in and support current industry initiatives to preserve individual privacy rights on the Internet.
the best of our abilities.